Pregnancy indicates a successful marriage between a husband and wife. After a woman gets pregnant, her behavior changes automatically. It is high time...
Pregnancy indicates a successful marriage between a husband and wife. After a woman gets pregnant, her behavior changes automatically. It is high time for you to focus on your health and baby’s health. Being close to your doctor gives you a chance to know the upcoming diseases that may harm you and your baby. McAllen gynecology is a health care provider that offers women clinic programs during pregnancy until they deliver. They give women’s health a priority since women are prone to many diseases during their pregnancy.
Primary roles of a gynecologist during pregnancy
An obstetrician-gynecologist (OBGYN) takes care of you during your pregnancy period and six weeks after the baby is born. Your OBGYN will help you during delivery and do other critical healthcare activities during your pregnancy. OBGYN performs the following roles during your pregnancy period;
- They ensure that your life and the developing child are in good hands. An OBGYN provides whatever you require for your baby’s development and health. They also limit you from eating certain food, drinking alcohol, and a lot of caffeine. These steps help maintain your good health and that for your baby.
- They ensure that you get tremendous peace of mind during your pregnancy.
- At your pregnancy checkup, OBGYN will measure your general health, measure your belly, listen to the baby’s heartbeat, and also examine the size of the baby using ultrasound technology.
- The OBGYN gives you a room to share opinions on how you want to deliver your baby, the best way to manage pain, and who you want to be present with you in the delivery room. Your OBGYN will also guide you through the delivery process and on any complications that may arise. During pregnancy, you may face a lot of difficulties if you miss steps recommended by your OBGYN.
Common problems controlled and managed by a gynecologist during pregnancy
These common problems associated with pregnancy include;
- Preeclampsia. Preeclampsia is a condition that raises blood pressure. It is life-threatening since it can cause death if not immediately treated. Symptoms of this condition include severe headaches and impaired vision. Your OBGYN will test to determine whether you have preeclampsia or normal blood pressure. Preeclampsia may affect you if your medical diary shows a history of high blood pressure. It can also affect you if you have never experienced high blood pressure before. Your OBGYN will recommend a healthy lifestyle during your pregnancy period to prevent preeclampsia from occurring.
- Gestational diabetes. This problem occurs during your pregnancy period. Your body develops resistance in breaking down sugar. The side effect of gestational diabetes is that your child may grow longer than expected. This disorder has no outward symptoms. The OBGYN screens you when your pregnancy is 28 weeks to confirm if you are at risk of getting gestational diabetes. If you suffer from being overweight, you have higher chances of developing the condition. Your OBGYN will recommend you do safe exercises and consume a healthy diet.
Delivering a healthy baby without any complication is an amazing accomplishment. So, it’s important for you to take your OBGYN precaution keenly. Women’s Clinic of the Rio Grande Valley gives you the best obstetrician-gynecologist to guide and handle you through the pregnancy period.