The dentures are normally used as replacements for removable teeth and also tissues. There are two types of dentures available – partial dentures and ...
The dentures are normally used as replacements for removable teeth and also tissues. There are two types of dentures available – partial dentures and complete dentures. The complete dentures are normally used when all teeth need to be replaced and partial dentures are used only when some teeth needs replacement.
If you are interested to know more about the complete and the partial dentures then you can go through a detailed discussion given below:
- Complete Dentures: This type of dentures are either conventional or they are immediate. It is normally done after the tooth has been completely removed and the gum tissues have started healing. Normally a complete denture can be used after about 8-12 weeks from the time when the teeth has been removed. But the immediate dentures are normally made much before and can be used immediately after the tooth has been removed. The advantage of using immediate dentures is that the person whose tooth has been removed does not have to sit without his teeth for a period of 8-12 weeks. But with age the gum and the bones of an individual tend to shrink and as a result of this, they need proper adjustments for these dentures and the immediate dentures require more adjustments than the conventional dentures. So, they are mostly regarded as a temporary arrangement till the conventional dentures are made.
- Partial Dentures: The partial dentures are removable partial dentures which normally consist of a gum colored or a pink colored plastic base which is most of the times connected with a metal framework which helps in holding the dentures in the correct position in the mouth. If there are natural teeth present which have not got damaged, then the partial dentures are used. There is a fixed bridge which helps in replacing one tooth or more than one tooth by placing crowns on either side of the space and then helps in getting the artificial teeth attached to them. Then the bridge is properly cemented in its position. This partial denture apart from filling the gaps of the missing teeth will also help in changing the position of the teeth.
But it is very important that you take care of certain things when you make the dentures and given below is a list of those things:
- It is essential to make a series of the jaw impressions and it is also important to take the jaw measurements in order to understand how the jaws relate to one another and how much space is there between the jaws.
- It is important that there are several denture models created before the actual denture is made
- When the final denture is made it is important that you make proper adjustments.
But it is very important to understand that you should always make either a partial or a complete denture only after consulting a reputed dentist like Dr. Kami Hoss.
This reputed dentist will ensure that you are able to get the best dental treatment at the most affordable rate. So whenever required make sure that you contact Dr. Kami Hoss, who is the most reputed dentist available.