Many aspects have changed in the current and modern world as compared to the earlier days. One aspect that has changed is the number of children coupl...
Many aspects have changed in the current and modern world as compared to the earlier days. One aspect that has changed is the number of children couples have today. In the earlier years, people used to have many children. Couples viewed many children as security during old age. Nowadays, many children are associated with poverty and lower standards of living. Thus, doctors have developed family planning procedures that help reduce the number of children families get. Desert Star Family Planning offers more information concerning family planning.
What is family planning?
Family planning can be described as the ability to control the number of children couples have. Doctors usually offer educational resources, physical exams, and advice that helps decide on the appropriate time for having children. Most often, family planning can be mistaken for abortion, but this is not the case. Family planning is used to prevent unwanted or unplanned pregnancies that lead to abortion.
What are the family planning procedures?
Family planning uses various procedures to help parents or couples in preventing having children. They include:
- Using barriers during intercourse. Mainly, condoms are used to prevent sperm from reaching the egg.
- Implants. Implants play a vital role in preventing a woman from getting pregnant for some time.
- Hormonal contraceptives. These are pills taken to prevent the occurrence of pregnancy. Some doctors use injections that sterilize the sperm.
- Fertility awareness. Doctors advise couples to learn the menstrual cycle signs to help them plan and avoid getting pregnant.
- Permanent contraception. This uses vasectomy or tubal ligation that permanently prevents the occurrence of pregnancy.
What is included in family planning?
Doctors usually include the following information during the family planning session:
- Counseling concerning contraception and prescriptions
- Doctors usually perform pregnancy testing
- Breast and pelvic exams are done during the session
- Sexually transmitted diseases are tested during the family planning session
- Basic infertility treatments
- Counseling against all unintended pregnancies
What are the benefits of family planning?
Family planning comes with many benefits to all its users and public health. The benefits include:
- They play a vital role in improving maternal health and child survival
- It helps in reducing the number of abortions trying to get rid of unwanted pregnancy
- It promotes social and economic development and security
- It helps in preventing sexually transmitted infections and HIV AIDS
- They help families regulate the number of their children
- It helps reduce the risks of prenatal physical violence
- It reduces the likelihood of breastfeeding
- It reduces risks associated with maternal depression
Family planning is not an individual decision, especially if it involves married couples. Married partners should be in a complete agreement before going for a family planning program. Those who are not married and do not have any plans to get children should consider family planning.
Family planning is vital not only to married couples but also to the population at large. It helps eradicate poverty and improve the economy of the country. The masses should thus be equipped with family planning awareness as it will bring more good than bad.