There are many machines like CT scan machine that help you get to the roots of a thing. If you have any issue, pain or a specific condition but you ha...
There are many machines like CT scan machine that help you get to the roots of a thing. If you have any issue, pain or a specific condition but you have no idea what is going on with you; these scanners can help you. The doctor will scan your brain and you would know about what is going on in your brain. In this way you can keep your brain safe and healthy.
You can look for Ct brain scan in Hyderabad or in other cities too as per your need. There are plenty of benefits of CT scans of your brain. A few of them are listed below;
- CT scanning is completely painless, non-invasive and correct.
- A chief advantage of CT is its capability to image bone, soft tissue and even blood vessels all at the same time.
- In contrary to conventional x-rays, CT scanning caters very detailed images of different types of tissue.
- CT examinations are simple and fast; in emergency cases, these can disclose internal injuries and bleeding swiftly enough to help save lives.
- CT has been believed to be a cost-effective imaging instrument for a huge range of clinical problems.
- The procedure has been shown to be a cost-effective imaging instrument for a wide range of clinical issues.
- X-rays used in standard CT scans possess no immediate side effects.
- CT is less penetrating to patient movement than MRI.
- CT can also be performed even if you possess an implanted medical device of any type. It is not the case with MRI.
- CT tests are fast and simple; in emergency instances, these can reveal internal injuries and bleeding in a quick manner and so enough to help save lives.
- A diagnosis determined by CT scanning might eradicate the requirement for exploratory surgery and surgical biopsy.
- No type of radiation stays in a patient’s body after a CT examination.
You know computed tomography (CT) of head makes use of special x-ray equipment to assist in assessing head injuries, acute headaches, dizziness, and even other kinds of symptoms of bleeding, aneurysm, stroke, and even brain tumours. It is also helpful for your doctor to assess your face, sinuses, and even skull or to plan the radiation therapy for brain cancer. In emergency scenarios, it can disclose internal injuries and bleeding swiftly enough to help save lives.
Make sure that you tell the doctor if there’s a possibility you are pregnant and talk about any medical conditions, recent illnesses, medications you’re taking, and allergies. Once you tell such things to the doctor you might be told not to eat or drink anything for a couple of hours beforehand. In case you have a known allergy to contrast material, your medical expert might prescribe medications to diminish the danger of an allergic reaction. It is also good if you leave all your jewellery at home and wear something loose, comfortable clothing. You might also be asked to change your clothes and wear a gown. The doctor might hand you over a medical gown to wear.
Computed tomography, better known as a CT or CAT scan, is a diagnostic medical examination that, like conventional x-rays, generates manifold images or pictures of the inside of your body. The cross-sectional images created during a CT scan can get reformatted in manifold planes, and can even produce three-dimensional images. These are the images that can be viewed on a computer monitor, get printed on film or even by a 3D printer, or transported to a CD or even DVD. However, talking about the ct images of internal bones, organs, soft tissue and blood vessels, they provide bigger detail than conventional x-rays, specifically of soft tissues and blood vessels. CT scanning does cater more detailed information on stroke, head injuries, brain tumours and even other brain diseases than that of regular radiographs (x-rays).
CT scanning of your head is characteristically used to detect:
- Brain injury, bleeding and skull fractures in patients having head injuries.
- Bleeding triggered by a ruptured or leaking aneurysm in a patient having a sudden severe headache.
- A blood clot or even bleeding inside the brain shortly after a patient showcases the symptoms of a stroke.
- A stroke, mainly with a technique known as CT Perfusion of the Head.
- Brain tumours.
- Enhanced brain cavities (ventricles) in patients having hydrocephalus.
- Ailments or malformations of the skull.
Moreover, CT scanning is also carried out to:
- Examine the degree of bone and soft tissue damage in patients having facial trauma, and planning the surgical reconstruction.
- Diagnose ailments of the temporal bone on the side of skull. It might be triggering hearing problems.
- Find out whether inflammation or other changes are available in the paranasal sinuses.
- Plan radiation therapy for cancer of brain or even other tissues.
- Assist the passage of a needle used to get a tissue sample (biopsy) from brain.
- Measure aneurysms, arteriovenous malformations, and even blood vessels through a method known as CT angiography.
Getting ready for the scanning?
If you are getting ready for the scanning then you should know a few important things. Make sure that you wear comfortable, loose-fitting dresses to your exam. As mentioned earlier also you might be given a hospital gown to wear. It would be to ensure that no type of metal is there at the time of the examination. Even if you have or are wearing metal objects, like eyeglasses, jewelry, dentures and hairpins, it might affect the CT images and must be left at home or eradicated prior to your exam. You might also be told to eradicate hearing aids and removable dental work. Moreover, talking about women they might be told to remove bras having metal underwire. You may also be asked to take off any piercings, if possible.
So, check out the cost of CT scan brain in Hyderabad and make sure that you don’t miss it out if it is really needed.