Nothing perfectly complements your missing tooth like a dental implant. Uniquely crafted to resemble your natural tooth, you will not have to keep removing and fitting when you are chewing or eating. Missing teeth have several negative impacts on your oral health and one of the major ways to prevent potential risks is getting dental implants. Expert dentists on dental implants in Campbell offer their patients various implant brands to choose from to perfectly suit their unique needs. Whether your case is minor or more advanced, the experts at Ueno Center Dental Specialists will make sure you regain your smile.
Who needs dental implants?
Whether your dental formula comprises a set or a single implant, a dental implant will make you feel and function like you would with your natural tooth. However, your dentist will recommend a bone graft when an injury, decay, or infection weakens your gums. For you to qualify for a dental implant, you should have
- Enough bone needed for supporting the implant
- Healthy gums
- Good oral hygiene practices to ensure the implant’s health and long-life
What are the types of dental implants?
There are two major types of implants
- Endosteal implants. Commonly used on individuals with a healthy bone, endosteal implants are implanted directly into your jawbone. Once your surrounding gum tissue heals, your dentist will conduct a second surgery which involves linking a post on your implant. Finally, your dentist attaches a prosthetic tooth to the post.
- Subperiosteal implants. Subperiosteal is the most preferred when you lack enough healthy bone. During this dental procedure, your dentist will fit a metal frame below your gum tissue. As your gum heals, the fitted metal frame gradually gets fixed to your jawbone.
What happens in the process of getting a dental implant?
Before surgery, your dentist will conduct a physical examination of your mouth to evaluate where the implant is intended to be put. Thereafter, he will request an X-ray or CT scan to assess your jawbone to ascertain if the surgery is possible. If necessary, your dentist will take your teeth’s digital impressions to either use for surgical guidance or make your crown.
The dentist’s next step will be to clear the gap left by your missing tooth to make way for the income. During the clearing process, he will remove the remaining pieces of your extracted tooth and its roots. If your bone is healthy, your dentist will allow you to go for Teeth-in-a-Day®, which means you can have the implant placed immediately and wear a temporary crown. However, if your gums are weak, your dentist will suggest a bone graft before the implant placement. Having a dental implant is one of the most effective ways of filling the gaps left by your missing teeth. Some of the various benefits of getting implants include:
- They do not have to be removed
- They are permanent
- They look exactly like your natural teeth
- The implants do not require diet modifications
Missing will make you feel conscious when smiling, talking, or eating and will strain your healthy teeth during chewing. Boost your self-confidence by contacting the professionals today or book an online appointment.