Castor oil has traditionally been used worldwide as a treatment for a variety of ailments. Being anti-inflammatory and having anti-bacterial properties, castor oil also provides numerous health benefits. Nowadays, it is used as an ingredient in several health and beauty products, including soaps, cosmetics, oils and even some of the medicines.
There are various applications of castor oil in the home too, and it is being increasingly used as a natural treatment for numbers of skin problems and to bring advantages in the way of beauty and hair care, too. Here are some of the main uses mentioned and benefits of this oil that beauty and skin care lovers can take advantage of.
- The most common uses of it are the skin treatments. The anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties; it is ideal for the treatment of conditions such as sunburns, boils, athlete’s foot, and warts. It is quite an effective natural solution for treating acne.
- To treat these types of conditions, it is enough to dip a cotton ball into castor oil and apply it directly to the affected area or the acne area without any dilution. Keep it for an hour; wash any oil left from the area so that it is completely clean. You need to carry out this treatment daily for two to three times for the speediest effective results.
- For the acne, the treatment procedure is quite simple. First, you need to wash the face with warm water in order to open the unclogged pores. After that, you need to massage this oil on the skin in circular motion. Leave it overnight so that the oil gets soaked into the skin. In the morning, now wash your face or the applied skin area thoroughly with normal water to remove the excess oil.
- It also works wonders as a skin moisturizer; the oil contains fatty acids that are very easily absorbed into the skin. This helps with the efficient skin hydration and will also efficiently relieve the dry patches. Castor oil is not expensive at all, making it perfect for the people who are looking for a natural yet inexpensive and effective daily beauty treatment at home.
- It makes a great anti-aging moisturizer. It is great for treating wrinkles and fine lines of the face. The properties of the oil promote the production of both elastin and collagen, thus plumping the skin for a softer and more youthful look. The castor oil helps the skin to keep it significantly more hydrated and softer, and it is also safe to use on the fine lines that occur around the eyes.
- Stretch marks and scars around the thighs, tummy and other parts of the body can also be treated effectively by using it. To get the best results, the oil needs to be applied regularly, but it can prove to be a highly effective solution only if it is persisted with.
These are some of the many uses that castor oil has for the enhancement of beauty, skin and hair care. Make sure that you are buying high-grade products that are suitable for this kind of topical use. Check the ingredients label carefully before any purchase.