Regularly meeting with your dentist should not only be a priority when experiencing a sudden toothache or having bleeding gums, but could help save you from various dental issues, including oral cancer. For optimal dental health, your dentist will advise you to go for dental examinations and cleanings regularly. Dr. Edward Kim in Washington and his team of skilled dentists offer their patients preventive dentistry services, including routine exams, cleanings, screenings and treatments for various dental problems.
Services available from West End Dental include:
Most people associate preventive dentistry with regular flossing and brushing. Preventive dentistry is also an excellent investment that will save you money by minimizing the number of trips to your dentist for treatments. Prevention not only entails adhering to oral hygiene measures at home, but also scheduling routine visits to your doctor to help track your oral health and curb any dental condition in early stages. By consistently maintaining oral health, you will be better able to prevent significant and costly treatments.
Preventive dental care includes procedures like:
- Dental sealants. Sealants are plastic coatings your dentist will use to seal the tiny grooves in your teeth by shielding them from bacteria and cavities.
- Dental cleanings. You need your dentist to remove plaque and tartar in the hard-to-reach places on your teeth.
- X-Rays. CAT scans make it easier for your dentist to diagnose most of your dental issues that might not be visible.
- Fluoride treatments. Fluoride makes your teeth strong, minimizing your chances of tooth decay.
Dental cleaning and examinations are preventive dentistry’s cornerstone. During the examination, your dentist will check for signs of erosion, decay and cavities. Without the help and expertise of your dentist, you may not even notice some of your dental symptoms.
Your dentist will consider any oral problem that needs urgent treatment as a dental emergency. While there are issues that might wait until a later time for treatment, certain teeth and gum issues cannot wait for a later time, and therefore need emergency services as soon as possible. Some of the dental issues that might prompt you to rush to your dentist include:
- Losing an implant or experiencing problems with your implants
- Sudden toothache
- Broken dentures
- Mouth injuries
A dental emergency has various benefits, including:
- Preventing you from living with pain until your next dentist’s appointment
- Giving you effective treatment and preventing you from severe dental problems
- Helping your dentist assess your pain’s root cause and deal with the problem effectively to prevent further damage.
- Helping you save your tooth
- Seeking immediate dental treatment means you will likely recover faster than if you had simply used over-the-counter products to alleviate your pain. Apart from pain relief, you also have a surety that things will bounce back to normal with a professional’s help.
Nothing impacts your sanity more than the thought of what might happen, especially when you look at a broken tooth or have swollen or bleeding gums. If you are the type of person that assumes the worst in such instances, do not hesitate to contact your dentist for urgent treatment.
A discolored, decayed or broken tooth can have adverse effects on your oral health. Be sure to talk to your dental experts today to know how you can receive the help you need.