Are you a resident of Union Square in New York City, and having grievous health challenges with your ears, nose, or throat? Well, Dr. Matthew W. Shawl, MD, is in town! He is a board-certified expert in facial plastic surgery and otolaryngologist in Manhattan, the office is located within Union Square. Dr. Shawl’s unique and compassionate ability to handle his patients’ specific health concerns has earned him great mileage in winning his patients’ trust. He takes considerable time to discuss and listen to his patient’s acute health problems for conservative and effective treatment. Dr. Matthew’s patients receive services on time, a fact that he never overbooks, to enjoy these relevant services from Dr. Shawl, call the office or make an appointment via the online tool today.
Dr. Shawl’s Biography
Educational and Training Background
Upon getting his Bachelor of Science in economics from the Wharton School of Business in Philadelphia, he entered a combined degree program in New Orleans. He received a Master’s in Public Health at the University of Tulane School of Health and Tropical Medicine and a Doctor of Medicine at Tulane School of Medicine. Before completing his otolaryngology, Dr. Shawl finished his general internship at St. Vincent’s Hospital in New York City. He further pursued a fellowship in Facial plastic surgery in Atlanta with Wallace K. Dyer, MD, FACS.
Dr. Shawl is a specialist in treating ear, nose, and throat problems (otolaryngologist).
Dr. Matthew is an affiliate of The New York Eye and Ear infirmary.
Board Certifications and Organization Membership
Dr. Shawl is a member of several professional organizations, such as:
- American Academy of Otolaryngology.
- The Medical Society of the State of NY.
- American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive surgery.
- The American Medical Association.
Being a diplomate of the American Board of Otolaryngology, the doctor was also burdened with Otolaryngology’s passing of knowledge at Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital, even in facial plastics at New York Eye, Ear, and Throat Infirmary.
Dr. Shawl’s Services
As an Otolaryngologist, Dr. Shawl treats a range of neck and head health issues, including the following:
- He treats tinnitus conditions (buzzing or ringing in your ears), dizziness, and loss of hearing.
- Smell and taste disorders.
- He treats the neck and head if you have a tumor in your nose, voice box, throat, upper esophagus, or mouth.
- In case you have sinuses.
- He treats adenoids and tonsils.
- Tumors and lesions in the throat and mouth.
- Problems in swallowing.
- In case you have injuries or disease infections affecting your vocal cords and voice box, he can diagnose and treat you.
- As a pediatric ENT, Dr. Shawl can treat children who cannot tell what is bothering them by making them comfortable and at ease using featured tools and examining them.
- He can help you detect if you have a food allergy and treat environmental allergies such as pet dander or pollen.
Dr. Matthew takes his time to listen to the patient’s specific needs, for both the existing and new patients seeking plastic surgery or ENT services. To reach Dr. Matthew, call the office in Union Square, Greenwich Village, or book an appointment online today.