Gastroesophageal reflux disease or also known as GERD is quite common in many people today because of their lifestyle and food habits. The change in the anti-acid medications and food items results in GERD and the best way of handling this issue is with the help of an acid reflux surgery.
Continuous heartburn is one of the many symptoms of GERD. The best way of handling this situation is with the help of acid reflux surgery. Peachtree Surgical and Bariatrics is the best option for undergoing reflux surgery in Atlanta. Their surgical results will be of longer terms and can guarantee the best results. Visit their website to know more.
Acid reflux Surgery
Acid reflux surgery in Atlanta is quite beneficial for those suffering from GERD. Here is some information about the surgery.
- Successfully treats GERD – Medications and changing some lifestyles are the best ways of treating GERD. However, not everyone can experience the best results from these medications, and the next solution for GERD is surgery. The best option, in this case, is acid reflux surgery.
- Diet will be changed – After undergoing the acid reflux surgery in Atlanta, the patients are suggested to make some changes in their lifestyle. The starting changes will be eating soft foods and also the inclusion of liquid in the diet. This is to make sure that the patients can easily burp or belch whenever needed.
- The requirement to stay at the hospital – The laparoscopic procedure is employed during acid reflux surgery, and this is a minimally invasive procedure. The time duration that is required for staying back in the hospital after the acid reflux surgery will be decided based on the severity or the type of the surgery. The same goes for getting back to the normal daily activities of the patients as well.
- Surgery and medication experience are interrelated in this case – Patients who follow medications as prescribed by the doctors in Atlanta will surely experience wonderful results after acid reflux surgery when compared with people that do not follow the prescribed medication routine.
Types of the Surgeries for GERD
Acid reflux surgery that is suggested for GERD is available in three types. They are:
- Nissen fundoplication
- The LINX device treatments
- Gastric bypass
The type of surgery that is suggested for a patient in Atlanta suffering from GERD will be decided based on their body reactions to the medications before surgery. All the surgeries offer the best results as expected by patients.