Have you ever wondered why houses collapse? The answer is due to weak pillars that make it stand. A human being uses the spine as the pillar to enable them to stand and support the body. An injury to the spine causes severe effects and without an experienced doctor, you cannot get back on your feet again. Choosing the right doctor for your spine may be complicated; however, Dr. Kamal Woods in Dayton is the best Spine specialist who will not gamble with your health. Here is more information you need to know about spinal therapy before booking your appointment.
What Is Spinal Stenosis?
A condition where the spinal canal compresses and exert pressure on the nerves that pass through the spine is referred to as Spinal Stenosis
What Are the Causes of Spinal Stenosis?
Spinal Stenosis occurs due to the following factors:
- As people continue aging, the bones narrow due to wear and tear affecting the spine canal
- Inflammation of the bone joint that occurs due to a condition such as rheumatoid arthritis may affect the spine
- The structural malformation may occur during birth hence causing the spinal canal to become narrow
- The gliding of the vertebral columns leads to narrowing of the spinal canal
- Spinal cord tumors cause the spinal canal to shrink
- Injury or fracture to the spine may compress the root nerves
What Are the Symptoms of Spinal Stenosis?
Spinal Stenosis exhibits the following symptoms:
· lower back Pain
· Sharp pain down the legs
- Numbness and weakness on the arms and legs
- You experience pain when you stand or sit for long
Symptoms progress gradually as the condition worsens.
How To Diagnose Spinal Stenosis
The following methods apply in diagnosing Spinal Stenosis:
- Complete physical examination to check the symptoms available by checking the flexibility of your back, range of motion and the presence of root nerve problems through testing your muscle strength and reflexes.
- Spine X-rays, CT scans and MRI can be performed to check additional problems such as tumors or infection. These tests help in the diagnosis and treatment plan.
- Medical history: Your physician will gather a detailed account of your symptoms and any treatment received.
Spine Treatment Procedures
Artificial Disc Replacement– This involves replacing the Lumbar disc in the spine with an artificial disc to prevent sharp pain.
Minimally invasive Spine Surgery: The doctor makes small incisions in the spine and inserts a thin tube with a lens through one of the openings to guide the surgery. It is characterized by minimal cuts, with less pain and faster recovery.
Spinal fusion surgery-Spine fusion surgery involves joining two vertebrae together so that they can grow.
What Are the Benefits of Spine Surgery?
Spine surgery will help you in the following ways;
· Ease of pain
· Physical fitness is improved
· Ability to move better
· Becoming more productive
· Stability of the spine
People have become prone to spinal problems, which affect their daily lives. It is essential to seek treatment which you can only get at Vertrae®. Call their office today or schedule your consultation through the online platform and transform your life for good.